On March 3, 2021, Alberta published a new update of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). On February 16, 2021, the province conducted a new draw in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 159 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round has dropped by 59 points and was 352, 51 points more compared to February 10 draw. In 2021, AINP already invited 509 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry. At the moment, Alberta received 2,450 applications in the Alberta Opportunity Stream and 50 Expressions of Interest (EOI) in the Alberta Express Entry Stream. These applications are waiting for the eligibility assessment. IRCC will announce the 2021 quota for AINP in the coming months.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy