Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) sets the limits for nominations the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can issue each year. Despite IRCC provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta for 2020, Alberta issued only 4,000 nomination certificates. The quota for AINP in 2021 is still unavailable. As of May 25, 2021, there are around 1,800 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 400 Expressions of Interest in the Alberta Express Entry pool. In addition, on May 18, 2021, Alberta held a new round in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 250 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round was 301 points, one point more than in the previous draw. In 2021, AINP already invited 1,909 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs