Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) sets the limits for nominations the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can issue each year. Despite IRCC provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta for 2020, Alberta issued only 4,000 nomination certificates. The quota for AINP in 2021 is still unavailable. As of May 25, 2021, there are around 1,800 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 400 Expressions of Interest in the Alberta Express Entry pool. In addition, on May 18, 2021, Alberta held a new round in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 250 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round was 301 points, one point more than in the previous draw. In 2021, AINP already invited 1,909 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry.
- Statistics Canada: The national economy is growing
- Canada updated qualifying work experience section for Canadian Experience Class
- Alberta published a new AINP nomination statistics
- Canada keeps restricting travel measures
- Chinese woman’s father with hepatitis was refused immigration through family reunification
- At least five Indian students die every month in Canada