On April 6, 2021, British Columbia conducted a new draw for candidates in the Tech Pilot of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). In this round, the government invited 80 high-tech specialists to apply for the provincial nomination in four categories: Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker, Skills Immigration – International Graduate, Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker, and Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduate. All candidates scored 80 points or higher. British Columbia invited 592 Tech Pilot candidates this year. In total, BC issued 2,989 invitations in the BCPNP in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights