On March 23, 2021, the government of British Columbia announced the extension of the Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot until March 31, 2024. This business immigration program is part of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). It was first introduced in 2019 and aimed at attracting entrepreneurs to the remote and rural areas of the province. As of today, 65 communities in BC participate in the program. In 2019, BC has invited 57 candidates to apply for the nomination in this program. In 2020, another 54 entrepreneurs received invitations to apply.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights