On June 15, 2021, British Columbia issued up to 13 invitations to apply to the candidates under Business Immigration streams. In the Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot, BC invited less than five candidates and the lowest score was 139. In the Base Category of the Entrepreneur Stream, BCPNP issued 9 invitations and the lowest score was 126. Both streams aimed to attract foreign entrepreneurs into British Columbia via the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) program. This year British Columbia has already invited about 33 business immigrants.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122