Based on the 2020 report of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), we can assume that the province foresees the boom of business immigration ahead. In August 2020, Ontario Premier Doug Ford has criticized the situation with its Entrepreneur stream. As a result, OINP started to take action to increase business immigration to the province. In 2020, Ontario finally nominated one Entrepreneur stream candidate. At the moment, OINP makes final reviews of another 18 Entrepreneur applications. The total investment of those candidates is estimated at $22.4 million dollars and may lead to new 92 job openings. Finally, OINP has received 64 applications in 2020 which now are being processed. Last year, Ontario welcomed 260 business candidates under all business immigration streams.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech