Based on the 2020 report of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), we can assume that the province foresees the boom of business immigration ahead. In August 2020, Ontario Premier Doug Ford has criticized the situation with its Entrepreneur stream. As a result, OINP started to take action to increase business immigration to the province. In 2020, Ontario finally nominated one Entrepreneur stream candidate. At the moment, OINP makes final reviews of another 18 Entrepreneur applications. The total investment of those candidates is estimated at $22.4 million dollars and may lead to new 92 job openings. Finally, OINP has received 64 applications in 2020 which now are being processed. Last year, Ontario welcomed 260 business candidates under all business immigration streams.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights