On September 21, 2022, the Government of Canada announced that throughout the chairmanship of the Comprehensive Regional Protection and Solutions Framework Support Platform (MIRPS), Canada has been a champion for forcibly displaced women and girls’ empowerment, participation, and protection and collaborated with countries in Central America and Mexico on human rights, transparency, non-discrimination, and responsibility sharing initiatives. Also, three new projects have been launched to support displaced persons in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs