Permanent residence applicants applying outside of Canada need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to travel to Canada. According to the immigration department’s website, if the Visa Application Centres are closed in the territory where applicants live, they can submit their PRTD application by email. Canada’s Visa Application Centre in China recently announced on its official website that starting June 1, 2021, applicants for a PRTD need to submit their application to IRCC by email. The grace period for this process was one month, so PRTD applicants can no longer submit their applications through the Visa Application Centre as of July 1, 2021.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122