On July 11, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published a new program delivery update announcing new instructions for bridging open work permits (BOWP) for International Mobility Program (IMP) applicants. According to the new instructions, applicants must be authorized to work at the time of submission only. To be eligible for a BOWP, at the time of submission, a foreign national must have valid temporary resident status and work permit, have maintained status and authorization to work under paragraph 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), and be eligible to restore their temporary resident status with authorization to work.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs