On August 9, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published the new IRCC Sex and Gender Client Identifier Policy that is based on the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Policy Direction to Modernize the Government of Canada’s Sex and Gender Information Practices. The Policy aims to set out how an applicant’s sex and gender information will be collected, recorded, and displayed in the administration of IRCC programs as well as to minimize the risk of infringing the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Charter) and the Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA).
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory