On March 17, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. Draw #178 targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC invited 183 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 682 points, 57 points less compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on March 8. The tie-breaking rule for this round March 04, 2021, at 16:56:20 UTC. As of March 15, 2021, there are 162,120 profiles registered in the pool, 14,432 profiles more compared to the previous update. Such a great increase shows a dramatic increase in the interest tot Express Entry. Since the largest draw in history a month ago, when IRCC invited over 27,000 candidates, the number of profiles became even bigger than it was prior to the historic record draw. For instance, on February 8, there were 152,714 profiles in the pool. This means from February 8 to March 15, there were over 36,000 new registrations. In total, Canada issued 38,840 ITAs to foreign nationals through Express Entry in 2021.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech