On March 17, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. Draw #178 targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC invited 183 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 682 points, 57 points less compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on March 8. The tie-breaking rule for this round March 04, 2021, at 16:56:20 UTC. As of March 15, 2021, there are 162,120 profiles registered in the pool, 14,432 profiles more compared to the previous update. Such a great increase shows a dramatic increase in the interest tot Express Entry. Since the largest draw in history a month ago, when IRCC invited over 27,000 candidates, the number of profiles became even bigger than it was prior to the historic record draw. For instance, on February 8, there were 152,714 profiles in the pool. This means from February 8 to March 15, there were over 36,000 new registrations. In total, Canada issued 38,840 ITAs to foreign nationals through Express Entry in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights