Canada has overtaken the United States as the most popular destination for potential immigrants. A global survey of 208,807 job seekers in 190 countries shows that Canada is currently the most popular destination for international workers, and more so than the United States. 24% of those surveyed said they wanted to move to Canada and 20% to the United States or Australia. However, none of the Canadian cities were among the top 10 most popular places. Toronto is 14th, Vancouver 20th and Montreal 24th. The leaders were London, followed by Amsterdam and Dubai. According to the survey, “Canada is the top priority location for many IT specialists, individuals with master’s or Ph.D. degrees, and those younger than 30.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights