On March 18, 2021, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. In the program-specific draw #179, Canada issued 5,000 Invitations to Apply for permanent residence in Canada in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program. The lowest score was 449 points. Many CEC-eligible aspirants with low scores expected the repetition of the February 13 draw, but it looks like IRCC decided to return to regular numbers of ITAs in one round. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 19, 2021 at 15:59:57 UTC. In 2021, Canada already issued 43,840 invitations to apply in four draws of Express Entry. IRCC keeps the practice of program-specific invitation rounds. Unfortunately, Canada is not inviting candidates from abroad at the moment.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights