On March 18, 2021, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. In the program-specific draw #179, Canada issued 5,000 Invitations to Apply for permanent residence in Canada in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program. The lowest score was 449 points. Many CEC-eligible aspirants with low scores expected the repetition of the February 13 draw, but it looks like IRCC decided to return to regular numbers of ITAs in one round. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 19, 2021 at 15:59:57 UTC. In 2021, Canada already issued 43,840 invitations to apply in four draws of Express Entry. IRCC keeps the practice of program-specific invitation rounds. Unfortunately, Canada is not inviting candidates from abroad at the moment.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech