On March 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry invitation round. Draw #177 was intended for candidates in the Provincial Nominee Program. The government issued 671 invitations to apply (ITA), and the cut-off score in this draw was 739 points, 19 points more compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on February 10. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 16, 2021, at 19:10:25 UTC. As of March 1, 2021, there are 147,688 profiles registered in the system, 5,026 profiles fewer compared to the previous update. After the largest draw in history, many in-Canada candidates registered in the pool waiting for the new massive invitation round for candidates with Canadian work experience. So far, Canada issued 38,657 ITAs through Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy