Over the last week, Canada finally started inviting candidates under the streams of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From March 8 to March 12, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 1,321 Invitations to Apply (ITA) for an IEC open work permit. As of March 12, there were 10,791 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 33 ITAs for Australia, 2 ITAs for Belgium, 105 ITAs for Chile, 19 ITAs for Costa Rica, 169 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 589 ITAs, for France, 34 ITAs for Greece, 139 ITAs for Ireland, 3 ITAs for Italy, 1 ITA for Japan, 16 ITAs for South Korea, 8 ITAs for Portugal, 48 ITAs for Slovakia, 46 ITAs for Spain, 8 ITAs for Sweden, 36 ITAs for Switzerland, 47 ITAs for Taiwan, and 26 ITAs for the United Kingdom. This invitation round was the first round since March 2020, when the program was postponed due to the COVID-19.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members