Over the last week, Canada finally started inviting candidates under the streams of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From March 8 to March 12, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 1,321 Invitations to Apply (ITA) for an IEC open work permit. As of March 12, there were 10,791 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 33 ITAs for Australia, 2 ITAs for Belgium, 105 ITAs for Chile, 19 ITAs for Costa Rica, 169 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 589 ITAs, for France, 34 ITAs for Greece, 139 ITAs for Ireland, 3 ITAs for Italy, 1 ITA for Japan, 16 ITAs for South Korea, 8 ITAs for Portugal, 48 ITAs for Slovakia, 46 ITAs for Spain, 8 ITAs for Sweden, 36 ITAs for Switzerland, 47 ITAs for Taiwan, and 26 ITAs for the United Kingdom. This invitation round was the first round since March 2020, when the program was postponed due to the COVID-19.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy