According to the RBC Economics and Thought Leadership report, Ottawa needs to develop new ways to recruit immigrants to resolve the severe labour shortage. The report states that ‘the Federal Government and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) should close the gap between the target and actual intake of immigrants in the skilled trades by more aggressively promoting Canadian trades in source countries.’ Despite immigrants consist more than 21 percent of the Canadian population, in recent years, the share of immigrant involvement in trades programs was about 8.7 percent.
- Statistics Canada: The national economy is growing
- Canada updated qualifying work experience section for Canadian Experience Class
- Alberta published a new AINP nomination statistics
- Canada keeps restricting travel measures
- Chinese woman’s father with hepatitis was refused immigration through family reunification
- At least five Indian students die every month in Canada