On March 10, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) opened the pool for Working Holiday candidates in the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. The first round of invitations is expected on March 15. The quota allocated to New Zealand is 2,500 candidates. Earlier, Canada opened the IEC pools for 24 countries. The only pools that have not been open are Austria, Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland and Slovenia. IRCC also recalled that due to COVID-19 limitations, all Working Holiday candidates must obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer in order to be invited to apply for an IEC work permit.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy