The Entry/Exit Program allows Canadian border services to collect travellers’ information and share this accurate and objective data with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to evaluate and process immigration applications. The Program will allow the Government to verify residency requirements to support citizenship applications or permanent resident cards or check if a temporary residence applicant overstayed in Canada before. The program also helps to check if an applicant’s family members reside in Canada, or support investigations of possible fraud.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs