On March 5, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the expansion of the staff in the Sydney Case Processing Centre. The IRCC’s office in Nova Scotia will hire 62 new case managers. This staffing increase is aimed at the facilitation of the processing of family unification applications, namely outland spousal and children sponsorship and reducing processing times. This increase is planned for 1 year to eliminate all backlogs. In 2022, IRCC will re-evaluate its needs. In 2020, Canada welcomed 36,025 sponsored spouses. This year, IRCC hopes to admit 80,000 sponsored spouses.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy