On March 5, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the expansion of the staff in the Sydney Case Processing Centre. The IRCC’s office in Nova Scotia will hire 62 new case managers. This staffing increase is aimed at the facilitation of the processing of family unification applications, namely outland spousal and children sponsorship and reducing processing times. This increase is planned for 1 year to eliminate all backlogs. In 2022, IRCC will re-evaluate its needs. In 2020, Canada welcomed 36,025 sponsored spouses. This year, IRCC hopes to admit 80,000 sponsored spouses.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory