On March 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published an update regarding temporary measures for paper-based Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications for business, entrepreneur, and self-employed provincial streams. Earlier, provincial and territorial authorities could request IRCC to put on hold a paper-based PNP application when applicants have experienced a job loss as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic from September 17, 2020, to November 17, 2020. IRCC has now extended these dates until March 10, 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights