On March 10, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published a new program delivery update for Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). The government decided to extend a temporary policy to help international students and graduates impacted by the COVID-19. For instance, students who started their programs in March 2020 and will be studying until the end of 2021, can count the whole time they were studying remotely from outside Canada for PGWP eligibility. 100% of their program duration can now be completed online without losing eligibility for a PGWP. The only requirement is to maintain a valid study permit or possess the approval for a study permit.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy