Over the last week, Canada held new invitation rounds in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From March 29 to April 2, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 518 Invitations to Apply (ITA) for an IEC open work permit. As of April 4, there are 14,392 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 12 ITAs for Australia, 65 ITAs for Chile, 2 ITAs for Costa Rica, 5 ITAs for Croatia, 25 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 1 ITA for Denmark, 210 ITAs for France, 18 ITAs for Greece, 1 ITA for Hong Kong, 50 ITAs for Ireland, 1 ITA for Italy, 6 ITAs for Japan, 26 ITAs for South Korea, 30 ITAs for the Netherlands, 2 ITAs for New Zealand, 4 ITAs for Portugal, 5 ITAs for Slovakia, 13 ITAs for Spain, 5 ITAs for Switzerland, 15 ITAs for Taiwan, and 22 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 3,315 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy