On March 31, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held a new round in Express Entry. In draw #180, IRCC targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. This time the Immigration Department invited 284 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 778 points, 96 points more compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that was held on March 17. The tie-breaking rule for this round March 16, 2021 at 16:09:32 UTC. As of March 29, 2021, there are 165,476 profiles registered in the pool, 3,356 profiles more compared to the previous update. In total, Canada invited 44,124 foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy