On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced a major change in permanent residence application submissions. All paper-based economic immigration applications can now be submitted online via the IRCC portal. This update includes PR applications in the Non-Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program streams, Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, Atlantic Immigration Pilot, and all Quebec economic programs such as Quebec Selected Investor Program, Quebec Entrepreneur Program, and Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program. In addition, IRCC updated the terminology used in the departmental documents and guides removing the term “paper-based” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program to “non-Express Entry” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program. Those applications will now be called base nominations, while Express Entry PNPs will be called enhanced nominations. This means that almost all economic immigration applications have been digitalized.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy