On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced a major change in permanent residence application submissions. All paper-based economic immigration applications can now be submitted online via the IRCC portal. This update includes PR applications in the Non-Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program streams, Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, Atlantic Immigration Pilot, and all Quebec economic programs such as Quebec Selected Investor Program, Quebec Entrepreneur Program, and Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program. In addition, IRCC updated the terminology used in the departmental documents and guides removing the term “paper-based” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program to “non-Express Entry” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program. Those applications will now be called base nominations, while Express Entry PNPs will be called enhanced nominations. This means that almost all economic immigration applications have been digitalized.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech