A report by the Information and Communication Technology Council (ICTC) pointed out that in Canada’s information and communication technology talent market, more than two-fifths of the practitioners were from immigrant groups. By 2023, the number of job vacancies for Canadian digital skills practitioners may be as high as 305,000. The huge number of job vacancies also indicates that science and technology talent will continue to be the key immigration targets of the Canadian government, such as through the federal global talent stream (GTS) and the BC Tech pilot category. In Canada, more than one-fifth of the population is made up of immigrants. At the same time, the number of new immigrants to Canada is also increasing year by year.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech