On March 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) posted a press release announcing the extension of the temporary public allowing visitors to apply for a work permit from inside Canada. This policy has been extended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that limits international travel. In addition, IRCC modified the eligibility criteria and allowed visitors to apply for work permits regardless of their entry date. This policy will remain in effect until August 31, 2021. According to IRCC, over 1,000 visitors already changed their status from visitors to workers since this policy was launched in August 2020.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory