On March 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) posted a press release announcing the extension of the temporary public allowing visitors to apply for a work permit from inside Canada. This policy has been extended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that limits international travel. In addition, IRCC modified the eligibility criteria and allowed visitors to apply for work permits regardless of their entry date. This policy will remain in effect until August 31, 2021. According to IRCC, over 1,000 visitors already changed their status from visitors to workers since this policy was launched in August 2020.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy