On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published and updated the instructions for Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs) regulations for victims of family violence. Applicants or their designates can now send a family violence TRP application to the closest local IRCC office by mail. Earlier such applications were processed only in the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton. The new procedure may improve the processing of these urgent cases. IRCC also updated instructions for officers regarding assessing TRP eligibility when PR applications have not yet been submitted.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech