On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published and updated the instructions for Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs) regulations for victims of family violence. Applicants or their designates can now send a family violence TRP application to the closest local IRCC office by mail. Earlier such applications were processed only in the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton. The new procedure may improve the processing of these urgent cases. IRCC also updated instructions for officers regarding assessing TRP eligibility when PR applications have not yet been submitted.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights