On March 31, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the implementation of the new policy in accordance with the Service Fees Act. The new policy which comes into force on April 1, will provide partial refunds to applicants for the Right of Citizenship fee, the International Experience Canada (IEC) program participation fee, and certain passports-related fees if the internal IRCC processing standards have not been met. The refunds will be automatically provided to the clients by July 1. The refund for the Right of Citizenship fee will be 25% if the delay is less than 4 months and 50% if more than 4 months. The Right of Citizenship service standard time is 4 months. As for the IEC, the refund will be 25% for the delay of 28 calendar days or fewer, and 50% for the delay over 29 days. The service standard for IEC is 56 days.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory