On March 31, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the implementation of the new policy in accordance with the Service Fees Act. The new policy which comes into force on April 1, will provide partial refunds to applicants for the Right of Citizenship fee, the International Experience Canada (IEC) program participation fee, and certain passports-related fees if the internal IRCC processing standards have not been met. The refunds will be automatically provided to the clients by July 1. The refund for the Right of Citizenship fee will be 25% if the delay is less than 4 months and 50% if more than 4 months. The Right of Citizenship service standard time is 4 months. As for the IEC, the refund will be 25% for the delay of 28 calendar days or fewer, and 50% for the delay over 29 days. The service standard for IEC is 56 days.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy