On March 17, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has updated instructions related to the entry to Canada of the high-performance amateur athletes during the pandemic. The exemptions for travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine for such athletes have been modified to ensure their participation in the designated international single-sport events. To enter Canada, those athletes must obtain the letter of authorization issued solely by the Deputy Minister of Canadian Heritage (PCH).
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy