On March 31, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) announced the launch of the second new pilot program – the Orderlies Pilot program. This pilot program leads to permanent residency in the country for foreign workers working as orderlies in Quebec. According to MIFI, the pilot will reduce the labour shortages in this field. MIFI is going to accept applications from March 31 to October 31, 2021. The provincial government hopes to attract 550 individuals and their family members in 2021. The pilot will last until 2026. On April 22, 2021, MIFI plans to launch the third pilot program intended for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies and visual effects (IT/VE) sectors.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights