On March 31, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) announced the launch of the second new pilot program – the Orderlies Pilot program. This pilot program leads to permanent residency in the country for foreign workers working as orderlies in Quebec. According to MIFI, the pilot will reduce the labour shortages in this field. MIFI is going to accept applications from March 31 to October 31, 2021. The provincial government hopes to attract 550 individuals and their family members in 2021. The pilot will last until 2026. On April 22, 2021, MIFI plans to launch the third pilot program intended for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies and visual effects (IT/VE) sectors.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech