In 2020, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) approved 123,312 Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) in support of Work Permit applications under the Temporary Foreign Workers Program (TFWP). Over half of all LMIAs in 2020 were approved in the Agriculture Streams – 72,232 (58.6%). 20,820 (16.9%) of the approved LMIAs were submitted in the High-Wage Stream, 27,023 (21.9%) – in the Low-Wage Stream. Finally, 3,237 applications (2.6%) were in the Global Talent Stream.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech