In 2020, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) approved 123,312 Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) in support of Work Permit applications under the Temporary Foreign Workers Program (TFWP). Over half of all LMIAs in 2020 were approved in the Agriculture Streams – 72,232 (58.6%). 20,820 (16.9%) of the approved LMIAs were submitted in the High-Wage Stream, 27,023 (21.9%) – in the Low-Wage Stream. Finally, 3,237 applications (2.6%) were in the Global Talent Stream.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights