122,695 international graduates received Post Graduate Work Permits (PGWP) in 2020. Over half of them live in Ontario – 70,335 individuals (57.3%). British Columbia is the second largest province where international graduates reside – 20,625 PGWP holders (16.8%). Quebec was the third in 2020 – 13,405 persons (10.9%). Alberta is a home for 5,965 international graduates (4.9%). Manitoba is the location of the other 4,825 graduates (3.9). 1,865 PGWPs were issued in Saskatchewan (1.5%). In the four Atlantic provinces, IRCC issued 5,320 PGWPs with Nova Scotia and New Brunswick among the regional leaders with 3,085 (2.5%) and 1,265 (1%) PGWPs. Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island attracted fewer postgrads – only 540 and 430 respectively. Finally, the least PGWP-holders reside in Yukon – 95, and the Northwest Territories – 30. No PGWP issued in Nunavut in 2020.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech