On February 1, 2022, Newfoundland and Labrador announced an increase in the minimum wage rate in the province. Effective April 1, 2022, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador will increase the minimum wage to $13.20 per hour. According to Bernard Davis, Minister Responsible for Labour, the “government continues to monitor and review labour standards legislation to ensure it remains relevant, responsive and comparable to jurisdictions across the country.” The most recent increase to the minimum wage in the Atlantic province was on October 1, 2021, increasing it from $12.50 to $12.75 per hour.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs