Nova Scotia added three new eligible occupations to its Occupations in Demand immigration stream and accepts immigration applications from food service workers to address the labour shortage issue. Now, employers can hire applicants working under the NOC 6513 (Food and beverage servers), NOC 6711 (Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, and related support occupations), and NOC 6731 (Light duty cleaners) without the need to do a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). In addition, employees are also exempted from working with an employer for six months before applying to Nova Scotia’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs