On April 8, 2021, the government of Ontario posted a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates in the framework of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). To date, Ontario nominated 2,874 candidates, 613 certificates of nomination more compared to the previous update on March 17. In 2020, Ontario invited 16,976 candidates and nominated 8,050 foreign nationals, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. The quota for 2021 will be available once published by the federal government.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy