On March 17, 2021, the Ontario government published a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). As of March 12, Ontario issued 2,261 certificates of nomination, 742 more compared to the previous update on February 11. Last year, Ontario issued 8,050 nominations. The quota for 2021 has not been released yet by the federal government. During 2019 and 2020, Ontario consistently requested IRCC to increase the allocation for Ontario, as the demand for OINP has been increasing for several years.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech