On March 17, 2021, the Ontario government published a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). As of March 12, Ontario issued 2,261 certificates of nomination, 742 more compared to the previous update on February 11. Last year, Ontario issued 8,050 nominations. The quota for 2021 has not been released yet by the federal government. During 2019 and 2020, Ontario consistently requested IRCC to increase the allocation for Ontario, as the demand for OINP has been increasing for several years.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights