On November 3, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced a program delivery update on partial biometrics collection and the 1 in 10 policy in the temporary residence stream. If before in cases where applicants were not applicable for the 1 in 10 policy, the validity date of their biometrics was set to the final decision date of the application, now, the validity date for these applicants will be set to the expiry date of the permit or visa counterfoil if the application is “Approved”. In cases where an application is “Refused” or “Withdrawn”, the validity date will be set to the “Application Closed Date”.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province