Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will conduct Express Entry draws for candidates based on labour market objectives in the last quarter of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023. The Department is developing plans to engage with various stakeholders to provide new categories in Express Entry. Bill C-19 enables the immigration minister to invite Express Entry applicants based on criteria that support regional economic needs. Instead of relying solely on a candidate’s CRS score, IRCC may now conduct invitation rounds based on the candidates’ occupation, language or educational level.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs