Australia Employment Visa
The best way to really immerse yourself in a culture is to live and work like a local. Under an Australian Work Visa or General Skilled Migration, if you have a particular skill set, you’ll be viewed favourably as having the expertise to contribute to the economy and my even be processed with priority. With an excess of 128,550 visa places available for skilled migrants, it’s a covetable lifestyle reading for the taking.
The Australian 482 visa is a temporary work visa permitting employers to sponsor overseas workers to fill appointed skilled jobs. This visa is the most popular approach of business sponsorship in regards to workers from overseas.
To progress a 482, the candidate’s employer has to be given to sponsoring them. Beyond this, employers must satisfy sponsorship and nomination criteria before the prospective employee can apply for the visa.
The 482 is valid for up to four years and the work experience you obtain during this time can lead to permanent residence either through sponsorship or the skilled migration program. This visa allows you to:
- Work in Australia for up to four years
- Bring your family to work or study in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.
Employer Nominated Visa
The Australian Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) gives permanent residence to overseas workers sponsored by their Australian employer. The objective of the ENS is to strengthen Australia's potential to remain globally competitive while filling shortages in the skilled labour market.
The ENS is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the ENS and if you’re applying from within the country, you must hold a substantive or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The 186 looks to award permanent residence to overseas workers sponsored by their Australian employer.
The ENS visa has three streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream for those holding 457 visas TSS or related bridging visa A, B or C and who’ve worked for three years in the same occupation with their nominating employer who now wants to give them a permanent position.
- The Direct Entry stream for those nominated by their employer, having never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or temporary residents who aren’t eligible for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
- The Agreement stream for those sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.