Skilled Independent Visa Australia (Subclass 189)
If you’ve got qualifications and skills that are in demand, the Skilled Independent visa might be compatible for you.
As a permanent residency visa, candidates are required to pass a points test and don’t require sponsorship.
This visa allows you and family members who’ve also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia's health care scheme
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (afterward, you’ll need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)