Skilled Nominated Visa Australia (Subclass 190)
If you haven’t met the pass mark for the Skilled Independent visa, you may be eligible to be sponsored by a contributing State or Territory government. This permanent residence visa is also an alternative if you’ve met the pass mark but wish to access priority processing.
To qualify for the 190, an employer under an Australian contributing State or Territory will need to nominate you as having a skill in demand.
This visa allows you and family members who’ve also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Study in Australia without government funding
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia's health care scheme
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (afterwards, you’ll need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)