On March 31, 2021, the Government of Quebec announced changes to its business immigration programs. In the Entrepreneur Program (Stream 2), Quebec removed the requirement for start-up and security deposits. This regulation will be applied to applications received before November 1, 2020. Nevertheless, the Entrepreneur program is postponed until November 1, 2021. In addition, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) announced the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) will remain on hold until March 31, 2023. This step is implemented to finalize the planned modification of this program in order to better meet the needs of the province.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights