On November 2, 2021, the Government of Quebec published a press release announcing the expansion of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). As a result of agreements made between Quebec and the Federal Government in August 2021, the province added over 30 new occupations that will be eligible for facilitated processing under the TFWP and submitted to the federal government. The proposal has been awaited by Quebec’s business community to solve the labour shortage in businesses. A new agreement is expected to be concluded in the upcoming weeks.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province