On March 24, 2021, the Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration (MIFI) announced the implementation of the Food Processing Pilot program. This pilot program grants permanent residence in Canada for Quebec foreign workers in the food processing sector. MIFI is going to accept applications from March 24 to October 31, 2021. The quota allocated for this program in 2021 is 550 individuals and their family members. The pilot program is planned to be running until January 1, 2026. On March 31, MIFI plans to launch the pilot program for orderlies and on April 22, 2021, Quebec plans to begin the pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies and visual effects (IT/VE) sectors.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy