On March 24, 2021, the Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration (MIFI) announced the implementation of the Food Processing Pilot program. This pilot program grants permanent residence in Canada for Quebec foreign workers in the food processing sector. MIFI is going to accept applications from March 24 to October 31, 2021. The quota allocated for this program in 2021 is 550 individuals and their family members. The pilot program is planned to be running until January 1, 2026. On March 31, MIFI plans to launch the pilot program for orderlies and on April 22, 2021, Quebec plans to begin the pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies and visual effects (IT/VE) sectors.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech