On March 18, 2021, Quebec presented the intake mechanism for Collective Sponsorship applications under the Program for Refugees Abroad for 2020-2021. The new instructions introduced a simplified mechanism that allows online application submission via the Arrima platform. Groups of 2 to 5 individuals are eligible to submit applications should they meet the eligibility criteria. One group can submit no more than two applications. Each individual cannot be a member of more than one group of sponsors. The Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) allocated a quota of 750 spots for the program. In the case the number of applications will exceed the quota, MIFI will conduct a random draw for the candidates.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech