On March 18, 2021, Quebec presented the intake mechanism for Collective Sponsorship applications under the Program for Refugees Abroad for 2020-2021. The new instructions introduced a simplified mechanism that allows online application submission via the Arrima platform. Groups of 2 to 5 individuals are eligible to submit applications should they meet the eligibility criteria. One group can submit no more than two applications. Each individual cannot be a member of more than one group of sponsors. The Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) allocated a quota of 750 spots for the program. In the case the number of applications will exceed the quota, MIFI will conduct a random draw for the candidates.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights