On April 6, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) announced the beginning of the applications intake under the Program for Refugees Abroad (Collective sponsorship) for the 2020-2021 period. The intake period will continue until May 5, 2021. The application process is completely online via the Arrima portal. MIFI allocated the quota of 750 spots for Collective sponsorship for this intake period. MIFI also emphasized that in the case of overcoming the limit, the province will hold a random draw among all applicants overseen by the designated third party to ensure the integrity of the draw. Only groups of 2 to 5 individuals can submit applications during this period.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory