On April 6, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) announced the beginning of the applications intake under the Program for Refugees Abroad (Collective sponsorship) for the 2020-2021 period. The intake period will continue until May 5, 2021. The application process is completely online via the Arrima portal. MIFI allocated the quota of 750 spots for Collective sponsorship for this intake period. MIFI also emphasized that in the case of overcoming the limit, the province will hold a random draw among all applicants overseen by the designated third party to ensure the integrity of the draw. Only groups of 2 to 5 individuals can submit applications during this period.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy