August 31, 2021, was the last day for receipt of applications under the Special Program for Asylum Seekers during the COVID-19 Period. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) had granted permanent residence (PR) under the Temporary Public Policy to certain foreign nationals selected by Quebec working in the healthcare sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since on April 31, 2021, the period for receipt of applications ended, IRCC extended the deadline until the end of August 2021, to let more candidates submit an application for PR.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory