August 31, 2021, was the last day for receipt of applications under the Special Program for Asylum Seekers during the COVID-19 Period. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) had granted permanent residence (PR) under the Temporary Public Policy to certain foreign nationals selected by Quebec working in the healthcare sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since on April 31, 2021, the period for receipt of applications ended, IRCC extended the deadline until the end of August 2021, to let more candidates submit an application for PR.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members