On March 3, 2021, the Quebec government officially announced the launch of three pilot programs whose goal is to meet the need of the specific sectors of the provincial economy. On March 24, 2021, the Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration (MIFI) will launch a pilot program for workers in food processing. On March 31, 2021, MIFI will start the pilot program for orderlies. Finally, on April 22, 2021, Quebec plans to launch the pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies and visual effects (IT/VE) sectors. Every pilot has a quota of 550 applicants and their family members.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy