A recent survey by IRCC found that in August 2021, the employment rate for recent immigrants who have been living in Canada for five years or less reached 70.4%, a 6.1% increase compared to August 2019. Business groups are calling for more immigrants to increase labour market flexibility. 80% of foodservice employers were finding it difficult to fill vacancies for kitchen staff, while 67% were struggling to find front-of-house employees (servers, bartenders, and hostesses) that make Canadian employers hire immigrants to fill the labour market gaps.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province