On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced changes in the terminology used in the program delivery instructions. IRCC has used the term “implied” status to specify that the applicant’s status is extended until the decision on the new status application is not made. However, the interpretation of this status caused multiple confusions, and, therefore, IRCC decided to replace it with “maintained” status to emphasize the legal nature of the carried status.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech